The annual Hat Contest took place on Wednesday, July 17th during the Del Mar Racetrack Opening Day and as always it was a head-turning contest.
Hats from the simple to most outrageous could be seen across the Playa de Mexico. Contestants competed in five categories: Best Racing Theme, Most Glamorous, Most Outrageous, Best Fascinator and Best Flowers.
Prizes varied from a grand prize with a value of over $1,750 — which includes a one-night stay at the Fairmont Grand Del Mar, dinner for two, a gift basket and after-party tickets — to $100 for third place.
- Grand Prize Winner/Best Flowers: Allison Karlstrand
- Best Fascinator: Paige Fohl
- Most Outrageous: Belinda Barry
- Most Glamorous: Aubrey Fohl
- Best Racing Theme: Christina Stutz